Jim Bruce-Ball, the Telegraph‘s sports editor, is leaving the media group.
He announced his move this morning, saying, “After 15 very happy years at The Telegraph, I am moving on next week to become head of communications at Professional Sports Group.”
Professional Sports Group is a Surrey-based agency whose clients include Olympic gold medal-winners Dame Kelly Holmes and Sir Matthew Pinsent, golf brands Titleist and Footjoy, and which conducts extensive work in the Gulf, with an office in Abu Dhabi.
Bruce-Ball has risen through a series of sports desk promotions at the Telegraph Media Group, from deputy sports editor on the Sunday paper in 2007, to the appointment as sports editor in November 2014.
A replacement in the role has yet to be confirmed by the Telegraph.
- The SJA is the largest member organisation of sports media professionals in the world. Join us: Click here for more details
FORTHCOMING SJA EVENTS
- Wed May 11: VIP York Race Day, sponsored by Ladbrokes
- Tue May 17: BT Sport media reception, European aquatics champs
- Tue Jun 7: Death of a Gentleman screening, Croydon
- Thu Dec 15: SJA British Sports Awards, sponsored by The National Lottery