From the RFU
Media Accreditation for the World Rugby Under-20 Championship to be played in Manchester next month is now open and should be applied for through the RFU’s online system: www.englandrugby.com/pressaccreditation
Accreditation closes on Wednesday June 1. Requests made after the deadline may not be accepted.
Media will be accredited with a tournament pass to enable them to cover both venues. This pass will permit media access to both venues over the five match days.
In addition, you are required to advise the communications team on which fixtures you intend to cover, this will be via an electronic form, available once you have received confirmation of a tournament pass.
ISDN lines: please advise if this facility is required no later than Friday May 20.
ALL Media (except rights holding TV) must apply via the online system. Please note, Twickenham Stadium annual passes are not valid for this tournament. All media must register their attendance on the system.
Each individual will need to create an account with their own username and password.
If a single administrator is handling accreditation on behalf of others, it will be their responsibility to create an account for each individual.
If using the system for the first time:
1. Follow link www.englandrugby.com/pressaccreditation
2. Screen 1: Click on ‘New Media Registration’
3. Screen 2: Complete ALL fields and press ‘Proceed To Step 2’
4. Screen 3: Complete ALL fields (including photo upload) and press ‘Proceed to Event Selection’
5. Screen 4: Tick the games you would like to apply for and press ‘Save Changes’
Within 48 hours of registering two automated emails will be sent: the first to confirm your username and password, the second to confirm that your application has been received.
If you are a returning user, once you have entered your username and password, you will automatically be at stage 5. If you are unable to remember your log in details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will receive an email to confirm whether or not their application has been successful by Friday June 3. This will be sent to the email address provided on the application form. Once a tournament pass has been approved, media will be asked to confirm which fixtures they intend to cover.
For all accreditation enquiries contact Charlotte Trusson, RFU Communications Team and Events Coordinator, on 0208 831 6563 or email@example.com
- The SJA is the largest member organisation of sports media professionals in the world. Join us: Click here for more details
FORTHCOMING SJA EVENTS
- Wed May 11: VIP York Race Day, sponsored by Ladbrokes
- Tue May 17: BT Sport media reception, European aquatics champs
- Tue Jun 7: Death of a Gentleman screening, Croydon
- Thu Dec 15: SJA British Sports Awards, sponsored by The National Lottery