The Cricket Writers’ Club 70th anniversary annual lunch will be held on Tuesday, September 27 at the Merchant Taylors’ Hall in London, where CWC members can also receive a 20 per cent discount on orders of the CWC Ale – the All-Rounder – from Haresfoot Brewery.
Mark Baldwin, the CWC chairman, announced recently: “Production of All-Rounder is well under way again for the 2016 summer, following its success last year, and CWC benefits from every barrel of the beer that is sold both commercially and privately. Indeed, Haresfoot’s generous discount offer to CWC members applies to all their beers and other products.
“Sponsorship monies from all those who support CWC – also including William Hill, Smile Group Travel, Benenden Health, the Professional Cricketers’ Association and Investec – enable us to provide big discounts on tickets for the Annual Lunch (see AGM minutes for this year’s prices), and to continue to run the club efficiently.”
Prices would be held at those for 2015: £55 members and first guests, £65 other guests, £40 teetotallers, media table £895, sponsors table £1,250.
At the CWC’s recent annual meeting, Baldwin was elected for a final year as chairman, with Julian Guyer elected secretary, Wendy Wimbush treasurer and David Warner as president.
- The SJA is the largest member organisation of sports media professionals in the world. Join us: Click here for more details
FORTHCOMING SJA EVENTS
- Wed May 11: VIP York Race Day, sponsored by Ladbrokes
- Tue May 17: BT Sport media reception, European aquatics champs
- Tue Jun 7: Death of a Gentleman screening, Croydon
- Thu Dec 15: SJA British Sports Awards, sponsored by The National Lottery