From UK Sport
WHAT: Two years to go until the start of the Rio Olympic and Paralympic Games, UK Sport and its official Research and Innovation Partner, BAE Systems, invite you to join them and senior representatives from the British Olympic Association, British Paralympic Association and the English Institute of Sport for an update on preparations for the Rio Games in 2016.
WHO: Hosted by UK Sport Chair, Rod Carr, and Chief Executive, Liz Nicholl.
Featuring presentations from:
- Simon Timson, UK Sport’s Director of Performance, on UK Sport’s aspiration to win more medals in Rio and the progress towards that goal with two years to go. Simon’s presentation will also include a sport’s perspective with a National Governing Body representative (TBA) talking about how they are preparing to meet the challenges for Rio
- Mark England, British Olympic Association Chef de Mission for Rio 2016
- Georgina Sharples, Performance Manager at the British Paralympic Association
- Peter Bentley, Head of Research and Innovation at the English Institute of Sport
- Kelvin Davies, BAE Systems’ Sport Partnership lead, on the contribution of cutting edge technology partners supporting British athletes’ preparations for Rio 2016
- Simon Morton, UK Sport Director of Major Events, on how the Gold Event Series will play its part in helping our athletes prepare and qualify for Rio.
WHEN: Tuesday, August 5, 10.30am-12.30pm (followed by lunch).
WHERE: BAE Systems, Stirling Square, 6 Carlton Gardens, London, SW1Y 5AD.
Lunch and a range of refreshments will be available on the day plus the opportunity for one to one interviews.
If you wish to attend, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, August 4 or call the UK Sport Communications Team on 0207 211 5120
- The SJA is the largest member organisation of sports media professionals in the world. Join us: Click here for more details
UPCOMING SJA EVENTS
Mon Sep 15: SJA Autumn Golf Day, Muswell Hill GC – Book your place now. Non-members very welcome
Thu Dec 11: SJA British Sports Awards, sponsored by The National Lottery, at the Grand Connaught Rooms