Voting for the 2011 SJA British Sports Awards closed at noon today.
The SJA’s Sports Awards are the longest established awards of their kind in this country. The outcome of the ballot of the SJA’s 800-plus membership will be announced on December 7 at the British Sports Awards gala lunch, being staged at the Grand Connaught Rooms in London.
This year, the SJA’s website has carried a broader selection of articles on the achievements of the leading candidates than ever before, thanks to contributions from a number of members.
The website editor and committee would like to thank our colleagues for their help in this way. While no further votes submitted will be counted and the voting form has been taken off the site, the articles celebrating another great year for British sport are still well worth another read:
- Mo Farah’s historic claim on your votes By Randall Northam
- Mark Cavendish keeps his promise in his race of his life By Richard Williams
- England’s Ashes-winning cricket team are top of the world. By Ian Cole
- Laura Davies gets back on song with Solheim. By Patrick Kidd
- Alastair Cook’s tour helped drag England from the brink. By Ian Cole
- Chrissie Wellington is an Iron Lady who deserves your vote. By Steven Downes
- Nick Matthew, squash’s heir to Barrington. By Rod Gilmour
- Sarah Stevenson gets a big kick from taekwondo. By Trevor Baxter
- Walker Cup amateurs did a professional job. By Paul Trow
- How Greene boy from the valleys overcame hurdles. By Gary Baker
- Clarke gets my vote after year of double delights. By Paul Trow
- Adlington goes to special lengths to win your votes. By Craig Lord
- Nothing half-baked about Storry’s nutty approach. By Sue Mott
- Follow news of the SJA British Sports Award on Twitter with the hashtag #SJA2011
- Don’t miss out on being at the SJA British Sports Awards – click here for a ticket booking form, with SJA members entitled to buy two tickets at half the usual price.
SJA WORKING LUNCH: Baroness Grey-Thompson on the 2012 London Paralympics. Thu Nov 17: click here for booking details