The SJA president, Sir Michael Parkinson, is taking part in a special interview and Q&A session next Thursday, October 27, at (and on behalf of) The Arts Theatre in the West End. And the Arts Theatre is making a two-for-one ticket offer for SJA members who wish to attend.
Face to Face is a series of intimate conversations presented by broadcaster Fiona Lindsay, raising money for the independent and unsubsidised Arts Theatre. Prepare for an hour of candour, good humour and golden anecdotes as Sir Michael talks about his career.
The show is at 6pm at the Arts, lasts for an hour and is followed by a Q&A session and book signing. To redeem the offer for the SJA of two for one tickets (saving you £15), go to http://www.artstheatrewestend.co.uk/events/ or call 020 7907 7092 and quote PARKIE. You should be prepared to validate your ticket with your SJA member’s card on arrival on the night.
You may also wish to note that the subjects for the following two Face to Face events (for which the SJA discount does not apply) are the actress Juliet Stevenson (Nov 17) and comedian, author and sometime football pundit David Baddiel (Nov 24).
SJA WORKING LUNCH: Baroness Grey-Thompson on the 2012 London Paralympics. Thu Nov 17: click here for booking details
- Who will you vote for as Britain’s Sportsman, Sportswoman and Team of the Year? See Ian Cole’s overview of the leading candidates by clicking here.
- Follow news of the SJA British Sports Award on Twitter with the hashtag #SJA2011
- Mo Farah’s historic claim on your votes By Randall Northam
- Mark Cavendish keeps his promise in his race of his life By Richard Williams
- England’s Ashes-winning cricket team are top of the world. By Ian Cole
- Laura Davies gets back on song with Solheim. By Patrick Kidd
- Alastair Cook’s tour helped drag England from the brink. By Ian Cole
- Chrissie Wellington is an Iron Lady who deserves your vote. By Steven Downes
- Nick Matthew, squash’s heir to Barrington. By Rod Gilmour
- Sarah Stevenson gets a big kick from taekwondo. By Trevor Baxter
- Walker Cup amateurs did a professional job. By Paul Trow
- How Greene boy from the valleys overcame hurdles. By Gary Baker
- SJA members can cast their votes by clicking here.
- The awards will be presented at our gala annual lunch in London on December 7. Don’t miss out on being there – click here for a ticket booking form, with SJA members entitled to buy two tickets at half the usual price.