The SJA is delighted to be able to offer 10 pairs of tickets for next Thursday’s UEFA Women’s Champions League final, to be staged at Fulham’s Craven Cottage ground.
UEFA and the official tourist board for the capital – London & Partners – are giving you the opportunity for to apply for a pair of tickets to this exciting spectacle. The contest promises to be a truly great advert for the women’s game and for London.
Tickets will be allocated strictly on a first-come, first-served basis to 10 SJA members, giving the lucky winners the chance to see Lyon of France take on Germany’s Potsdam in the final.
[TUESDAY UPDATE: With just a couple of pairs of tickets remaining, we will consider applications from those who are not members of the SJA]
The UEFA Women’s Champions League final is a key part of a week-long free festival of football in London, with much of the activity centred on Hyde Park.
In the festival, which kicks off tomorrow (May 21), there’s a chance to have your photo taken with the iconic UEFA Champions League trophy, join in a skills session with legends from previous competitions or visit the Theatre of Champions – an exciting journey detailing the history of the beautiful game, which any sports fan will enjoy.
Iain Edmondson, the head of major events at London & Partners, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for Londoners and visitors to enjoy a great day out in one of our most iconic parks. The celebrations will combine landmarks like Hyde Park and Wembley with community activity – connecting people to football and connecting communities across the world. With tickets to the UEFA Women’s Champions League Final selling at such a reasonable price it’s a great way to see a world-class event in one of London’s great football grounds.”
- To apply for a pair of tickets, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Champions League tickets” in the subject field. Your email should include your name, SJA membership number and a postal address (to which the tickets will be despatched as soon as possible).
- This offer is available only to SJA members.
- The senders of the first 10 emails received will each be sent one pair of tickets for the UEFA Women’s Champions League final, which is being staged at Craven Cottage on Thu May 26 (8pm kick off).
- There is no cash alternative.
- Winners are responsible for their own costs in attending the UEFA Women’s Champions League final.
- Only one application per member is allowed.
- Usual SJA competition terms and conditions apply.
UPCOMING SJA DATES
Mon Sep 12: SJA Autumn Golf Day, Muswell Hill GC. Click here for more details and to book yourself in for the day.
Wed Dec 7: SJA 2011 British Sports Awards – note the date in your diary now.
All details subject to alteration. Keep checking sportsjournalists.co.uk for updates