World Snooker, which runs the sport’s professional tour, is looking for a media officer to be based in Beijing, China.
The job involves managing World’s Snooker’s media operation in China and reporting to the head of media in the UK.
The successful candidate will work closely with both World Snooker and its digital partner in China (Rigour Media) on the output of content on official platforms including Weibo, WeChat, Toutiao and Miaopai.
He or she will help to deliver key messages and ensure that the content is informative, accurate and entertaining, and hits targets on the quality and quantity of output.
In addition the succcessful candidate will:
- Build relationships with key media in China and work with newspaper, television, radio and online journalists to maximise the quality and quantity of coverage. Grow the profile of snooker and its players through the media and enhancing the reputation of the sport.
- Work with key stakeholders including promoters and government bodies before and during major snooker events in China, including the China Open, Shanghai Masters, World Open, China Championship, International Championship and others.
- Manage World Snooker’s media operation at snooker tournaments in China. Work alongside promoters to run the media centre at these events.
Key skills required
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English, both written and spoken.
- Experience in the public relations field and dealing with media.
- Thorough knowledge of digital media platforms including Weibo, WeChat, Toutiao and Miaopai.
- Good knowledge of the sport of snooker preferred.
- Knowledge of the commercial side of sport and sports rights preferred.
- Good editorial skills preferred, especially the ability to oversee content.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly under pressure.
- Prepared to travel and to work unsociable hours / weekends.
- Ability to co-operate and communicate effectively with colleagues, players, media and stakeholders.
To apply send your CV to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is Friday, 15 June , 2018