Sportsbeat, the national sports news agency with offices in London and Manchester, is offering aspiring sports journalists the chance to enrol on their one-day Introduction to Sports Journalism Workshop – for no charge.
The course covers all the basics of sports journalism – match reporting, meeting tight deadlines, knowing how different publications cover different stories – and much more.
Workshops run monthly from Sportsbeat’s London and Manchester newsrooms.
Places fill up quickly so contact Training Manager Samantha Colebrooke – email@example.com or 0870 445 0155 – to secure a place.
- How a 15-year-old schoolboy with £100 launched his own online sports website
- For listings of other training courses, click here.
- For the SJA’s archive of advice articles on how to become a sports journalist, click here.
- JOIN THE SJA and benefit from a recognised press card, priority entry to key events and significant discounts and members offers on a range of activities, including entry fees for the SJA British Sports Journalism and Photography Awards.
- Click here for details of SJA membership and application forms.