Bloomberg News summer interns will gain hands-on experience reporting and writing for the financial news service.
Working with Bloomberg’s 1,800 print journalists in 153 news bureaus around the world, interns will contribute to coverage of financial markets, companies, economies and government. Successful applicants will produce breaking news stories under real-time deadline pressure.
This is a paid 10-week internship program, beginning on June 25, 2012. Along with a resume and cover letter, please submit three published samples of your work to support your application to http://careers.bloomberg.com/hire/jobs/job32112.html. Applications close Feb. 29, and interviews will take place in March.
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
– Interest in financial markets, companies and economies.
– Prior reporting experience is essential.
– Prior experience working in a real-time news environment is desirable.
– Ability to work within a team under deadline pressure.
– Second language is desirable.
– Fluent written and spoken English is essential.
– Applicants must be available to work for 10 weeks beginning on June 25, 2012.
– Applicants will be required to work in London for the full 10 weeks of the internship.
Bloomberg is the world’s most trusted source of information for businesses and professionals. Bloomberg combines innovative technology with unmatched analytic, data, news, display and distribution capabilities, to deliver critical information via the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL® service and multimedia platforms.
Bloomberg’s media services cover the world with more than 2,200 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. The BLOOMBERG TELEVISION® 24-hour network delivers smart television to more than 240 million homes. BLOOMBERG RADIO® services broadcast via SIRIUS XM Radio and worldspaceTM satellite radio globally and on WBBR 1130AM in New York.
The award-winning monthly BLOOMBERG MARKETS® magazine, Bloomberg BusinessWeek magazine and the BLOOMBERG.COM® financial news and information Web site provide news and insight to businesses and investors.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
Closing Date: February 29th 2012
Application Information: click here.
- For the full SJA online archive of advice and support articles about journalism courses and how to become a sports journalist, click here
- JOIN THE SJA and benefit from a recognised press card, priority entry to key events and significant discounts and members offers on a range of activities, including entry fees for the SJA British Sports Journalism and Photography Awards.
- Click here for details of SJA membership and application forms.