From the British Paralympic Association
The Paralympic Games will run from August 29 to September 9, 2012. Please note that Olympic Games accreditation does NOT give you accreditation to the Paralympic Games – a separate application request must be submitted to start the process.
The accreditation process is open to all print, online and photographic media.
Accreditation is now open and will close at 5pm on Monday November 28.
Media organisations interested in applying for accreditation will need first to complete a media accreditation form. Accreditation request forms are available by emailing email@example.com or by downloading the form from the ParalympicsGB website.
Completed forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests will be reviewed and you will be notified whether your request has been accepted.
Please note the following:
- Accreditation will be granted only to media professionals.
- Freelancers may be asked to provide a letter of confirmation from the organisation they intend to work for
- Non-rights holding broadcasters for both television and radio (ENRs) are asked to contact Eva Werthmann at the IPC directly: email@example.com
- We expect there to be a high demand for accreditation and so we cannot guarantee that every request will be accepted. A quota system will be in place to ensure that requests are processed appropriately.
- The form is available in large font for visually-impaired readers on request
Media organisations should note that they will need to identify in the right hand columns EACH of the employees for whom they would like to request accreditation, i.e. if you would like to request three accreditations, you will need to provide all three names and contact details. Individual journalists should not complete individual forms, the process must be completed by the media organisation.
If you are successful in your request, you will be contacted in early 2012 in order to progress your application.
If you have any questions, please contact Tash Carpenter:
Post: ParalympicsGB, 60 Charlotte Street, London, W1T 2NU
O: 020 7842 5793
M: 07766 991152
UPCOMING SJA DATES
- Wed Dec 7: SJA 2011 British Sports Awards – Book a table before oct and SAVE £200. For more details, click here.
All details subject to alteration. Keep checking sportsjournalists.co.uk for updates