From the BOA
Launch of “Our Team 2012″
WHAT: With just two years to go to the start of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, the UK’s 1200 athletes across 47 sports are more reliant than ever on accessing the training and competition facilities vital to compete at the highest level.
To help them reach their full potential and realise their sporting dreams, so that our nation can achieve the best possible result on home soil, “Our Team 2012” is being launched to enlist the support of small and medium sized businesses from across the nations and regions.
Designed exclusively for SMEs, this fundraising programme, also supported by Visa, will complement existing National Lottery and Exchequer funding and provide a unique opportunity for businesses to join the journey of the athletes, receive an official status, engage staff and gain access to a host of sporting and hospitality events: all so that SMEs can play their part in making history.
This launch of “Our Team 2012” will provide full details of the programme, the costs and benefits, how the funds raised will reach and benefit the Team 2012 athletes and give you the chance to question everyone involved about the scheme and its impact.
WHEN: Monday 26 July 2010. Media launch will commence at 10am.
WHERE: British Olympic Association, 60 Charlotte Street, London, W1T 2NU.
WHO: The launch will feature a short introduction by video from Duncan Bannatyne, Our Team 2012’s Ambassador, and will be hosted live by:
• Lord Moynihan, Chairman BOA
• Sir Matt Pinsent, Chair of the Team 2012 Fundraising Programme & Four Times Olympic Gold Medallist
• Hugh Robertson MP, Minister for Sport and Olympics
• Paul Deighton, CEO LOCOG
• Colin Grannell, Executive Vice President, Partnership Marketing, Visa Europe
Also in attendance will be:
• BOA: Andy Hunt, CEO
• BOA: Hugh Chambers, CCO
• BOA: Darryl Seibel, Head of Olympic Media
• BPA: Jane Jones, Director of Communications
• UK Sport: Tim Hollingsworth, Director of Policy & Communications
Athletes already confirmed in attendance will be:
• Zoe Robinson, Paralympic Gold Medallist, Boccia
• Simon Brown, Paralympic Bronze Medallist, Wheelchair Basketball
• Ruth Raper, Olympic Hopeful, Women’s Boxing
If you would like to attend and/or schedule any one-on-one interviews with any of the individuals attending, please e-mail Angharad Gibbs: email@example.com