Michael Eason, Tottenham’s official photographer in the 1980s, has died at the age of 77.
Eason – nicknamed Micky Grecian because of his premature grey hair – started his working life as a BT engineer before working as a freelance photographer for the national newspapers.
He was regarded as an excellent photographer with a great work ethic and Mr Reliable. SJA member Eason, who was based in Hertfordshire, finally hung up his cameras five years ago when a combination of age, ill-health and technology proved too much of a barrier.
- RIP John Wilford, the man who brought Revie and Clough together
- ‘Rascal’ Cooney loses cancer fight
- A sledge hammer wit which made him a legend
- Steve Lee dies suddenly at 68
- Sydney Hulls dies at 97
- RIP Mike Ellis ‘superb operator’
- RIP Charles Randall ‘ diligent and polite’ Telegraph writer
- Peter Jackson on Terry Cooper – he set the rugby agenda