To celebrate World Cup year, when Spain will be defending their title in Brazil, the BritishSpanish Society is hosting a fund-raising event on March 6, and is offering SJA members a discount on their ticket price.
Raising money for an Anglo-Spanish student internship programme, the event comprises a panel discussion on Spain and football, followed by a drinks and tapas reception provided by Marcos Moran, the Michelin-starred chef who works at the Hispania restaurant.
While the organisers cannot promise that any stars of La Roja will be there, the panel is made up of some leading sports writing talent:
- Guillem Balague, leading sports commentator on Sky TV’s La Liga coverage
- Simon Kuper, Financial Times columnist and international football writer
- Jimmy Burns Maranon, chairman of the BritishSpanish Society and noted author on Spanish football
- Enrique Ruiz, Director of the Spanish Tourist Office in London
The speakers will also be signing copies of their books, and there will be an auction on the night with a Barca team shirt signed by all the team players, a Real Madrid football signed by first team players and a Brazilian football shirt signed by Zico and Carlos Alberto Torres.
From 7pm to 10pm, at Hispania, 72–74 Lombard Street, EC3V 9AY.
Discounted tickets of £35 each available upon emailing Bea at email@example.com.
- SJA members: vote now in the 2013 British Sports Broadcasting Awards
- Book your tickets for the SJA British Sports Journalism Awards here
- The SJA is the largest member organisation of sports media professionals in the world. Join us: Click here for more details
UPCOMING SJA EVENTS