The Telegraph are looking for a sports editor and two new reporters as they expand their coverage of women’s sport.
The sports editor will primarily be responsible for the commissioning, editing and distribution of women’s sport content and requires an understanding of and experience in social media publishing. The role will also involve writing and generating content on women’s sport.
The reporters will cover live events, gather news, write features and interviews and provide opinion/analysis pieces.
The jobs will also require an understanding of how to build audience engagement and community in new subject areas, and an appreciation of social and online publishing.
Essential skills required for the role of sports editor
● Experience of working in a fast-moving editorially driven sport department
● Strong news sense and judgment and track record of generating exclusive content
● Digitally savvy – understanding of digital storytelling and optimisation of content through social media and SEO across a range of platforms
● Proven ability to engage with audiences and build communities on different platforms
● Experience of commissioning and editing stories
Additional skills useful for the role
● Previous experience covering women’s sport