The World Curling Federation is offering its acclaimed Sports Media Trainee Programme once again.
Full-time students, from around the world, are invited to submit entries for the development programme that offers invaluable experiences in journalism, photography and TV production at some of the WCF’s most high-profile events.
In season 2015-2016, the successful applicants will be immersed in the media operations of one of the fastest growing Olympic and Paralympic winter sports and will be given direction from WCF’s Communications and Media Relations team.
Applications are now being taken from students for eight positions. They are:
- One journalism trainee and one photography trainee for the Le Gruyère European Curling Championships 2015 in Esbjerg, Denmark, November 20-28;
- One trainee journalist, one photography trainee and a TV production trainee for the World Junior Curling Championships 2016 in Erzurum, Turkey, March 5-13, 2016
- and a trainee in each of the three disciplines for the World Mixed Doubles Curling Championship in Karlstad, Sweden from April, 16-24, 2016.
Entries are now open and must be submitted no later than 1pm on Tuesday October 20.
- The SJA is the largest member organisation of sports media professionals in the world. Join us: Click here for more details
- This year, the SJA’s nominated good cause is The Journalists’ Charity. To find out more and how you can donate on a one-off or regular basis, go to www.journalistscharity.org.uk
UPCOMING SJA EVENTS
Tue Oct 6: Entry forms for 2015 SJA British Sports Journalism Awards published