There will be an extra prize on offer at the British Sports Journalism Awards next week – the chance to win a trip for two to St Lucia in the sun-kissed Caribbean, thanks to the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority.
How does this sound? Five nights, six days, at the luxury boutique hotel Calabash Cove resort and spa. Prize includes flights, bed and breakfast and an all-inclusive private beach dinner for two on one evening*.
Guests at the 2018 awards at Westminster Bridge Park Plaza on February 25 will be invited to put a minimum of £10 into an envelope for a draw at the end of the evening. You are not restricted to one envelope. All proceeds from the raffle will go to The Journalists’ Charity which helps colleagues and dependants who have fallen on hard times.
About Saint Lucia
One of the Windward Islands of the West Indies’ Lesser Antilles, Saint Lucia is nestled halfway down the Eastern Caribbean archipelago. The “Helen of the West Indies,” Saint Lucia is known for its natural beauty including the signature Piton Mountains, tropical rainforest and one of the world’s few drive-in volcanoes. The island is culturally rich with the bustling marketplace in the capital of Castries, friendly fishing villages along the coastline and the annual Soleil Saint Lucia Summer Festival.
For more information visit www.stlucia.org
- Twitter: @SaintLuciaUK
- Instagram: @TravelSaintLucia
About Calabash Cove
Calabash Cove, Saint Lucia’s luxurious adults-only boutique retreat is located in the idyllic paradise in the north of the island. The accommodation at Calabash Cove Resort & Spa is divided into three equally luxurious categories, Manor House Suites—all with dramatic ocean and sunset views, Swim Up suites with direct access to the infinity pool and Balinese-style Waters Edge Cottages – all with hammocks, an outdoor rain shower and a private pool for the ultimate luxury.
The peaceful and tranquil gardens of the resort, under the care of one of the finest landscape architects in the Caribbean, have been created to capture and optimize the natural splendour of the area and are filled with vibrant, fragrant flowers set amidst tree groves.
For more information go to https://calabashcove.com/
- Twitter: @CalabashCove
- Instagram: @calabashcovestlucia
* Terms and conditions apply
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This Prize Draw is open to people aged 18 or over, except for employees of Saint Lucia Tourism Authority and Calabash Cove, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with this competition.
- There will be one overall prize for one winner plus guest. The prize consists of two world traveller seats from London Gatwick to Saint Lucia, with 5 nights at Calabash Cove on a bed and breakfast basis
- The flights and accommodation must be taken in one trip, and both require 30 days advance booking and are subject to availability. Travel must be taken by July 2019. Both hotel and flights are subject to availability. Blackout periods include December and January.
- Prize travel is subject to British Airways’ General Conditions of Carriage, available at http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/legal/conditions-of-carriage The winner and their companion must travel together on prize flights and will not accrue Frequent Flyer points on the prize travel. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Frequent Flyer points. The flight tickets must be used by yourself and your companions travelling together in both directions. Children and infants under 12 years old are not eligible to travel on the prize winner’s ticket. Once tickets have been issued they are valid for the flights/dates shown only. Lounge passes and upgrades are not permitted with these tickets.
- Calabash Cove and Saint Lucia Tourism Authority make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at the destination.
- Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize winner and companion.
- The winner and their chosen companion must comply with all relevant customs, security and immigration requirements, including appropriate passport and visa requirements. The prize winner and their companion are responsible for holding a passport with at least six months validity remaining after the return to the UK and must organise relevant visas where required. UK passport holders do not require a visa to visit Saint Lucia. Calabash Cove and Saint Lucia Tourism Authority will not be responsible for any passenger’s failure to comply with these requirements.
- The prize does NOT include any insurance, travel to and from London Gatwick, or any travel or other expenses during the trip. Any out of pocket expenses (such as phone, room service, drinks purchases, gifts and food are not included in the prize.
- The package is non-transferable and no alternative packages will be offered.
- There is no cash alternative.
- Calabash Cove and Saint Lucia Tourism Authority shall not be responsible for any indirect, special or consequential damages or losses suffered by the entrant or a third party.
- The competition is provided by Calabash Cove and Saint Lucia Tourism Authority.
- The winner will be selected at random from all entries.
- Winners will be contacted by the prize provider by email within 28 days of the prize draw.
- You must provide your full name, address and daytime telephone number. We will use your personal details to administer this promotion, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without your permission.