UPDATE: We are now closed to any more applications. We’ve been flooded!
The SJA British Sports Journalism Awards are widely regarded as the ‘Oscars’ of our industry.
Winners judged by their peers – the ultimate recognition of journalistic craftsmanship whether it be writers, broadcasters or photographers.
The 2018 edition will be held at the Westminster Bridge Park Plaza Hotel on Monday, February 25 and The National Lottery are offering the next generation a unique opportunity to be there.
Ten places have been reserved for young, aspiring sports journalists (writers, broadcasters and photographers), who can enjoy a slap-up meal and to see the best in the industry receive their prizes. As a bonus, the short-listed photographic entries are available to view in an exhibition.
So, if you are on that first rung and a night out at the SJAs appeals, then please send an email to email@example.com with your details – we will try to split lucky diners into print, broadcast and photography. Travel to and from the venue will be at your expense.
- Paper of the year new format
- New sports pundit category in 2018
- EPCR extend sponsorship of rugby writer award
- Canon back to support photographer awards
- About the SJA British Sports Journalism Awards
- The 2017 awards
- Prize-guy Pelham – a gallery of winning images
- The 2017 awards video highlights
- Red letter day for Guardian, top marks for Chapman