From the RFU
Accreditation for this season’s remaining fixtures, to be played at Twickenham Stadium, can now be applied for through the RFU’s online system www.rfu.com/pressaccreditation
- Twickenham stadium annual pass holders must still register their attendance on the system.
- Daily Mail RBS Schools’ Day (Sat 23 March): Closing date for applications Thurs 14 March (U15 Vase Final / U15 Cup Final / U18 Vase Final / U18 Cup Final)
- British Universities & Colleges Finals (Sun 24 March): Closing date for applications Fri 15 March (Women’s Final / Men’s Final)
- Army v Navy for the Babcock Trophy (Sat 27 April): Closing date for applications Thurs 18 April(Preceded by Combined Services U23 v Oxbridge U23)
- RFU Cup Finals (Sat 4 May): Closing date for applications Thurs 25 April (RFU Junior Vase Final / RFU Senior Vase Final / RFU Intermediate Cup Final / National U20 Championship Final)
- Marriott London Sevens (Sat 11 – Sun 12 May): Closing date for applications Thurs 2 May
- England v Barbarians (Sun 26 May): Closing date for applications Fri 17 May
- Bill Beaumont Cup Final (Sun 26 May): Closing date for applications Fri 17 May
- County Championship Shield Final (Sun 26 May): Closing date for applications Fri 17 May
Details on accreditation for the Heineken Cup Quarter Final and Aviva Premiership Rugby Final will be confirmed in due course.
All photographers, written media and non-host broadcasters must apply through this system.
Each individual will need to create an account with their own username and password.
If a single administrator is handling accreditation on behalf of others, it will be their responsibility to create an account for each individual prior to the dates detailed above.
If using the system for the first time:
- Follow link www.rfu.com/pressaccreditation
- Screen 1: Click on ‘New Registration’
- Screen 2: Complete ALL fields and press ‘Proceed To Step 2’
- Screen 3: Complete ALL fields (including photo upload) and press ‘Proceed to Event Selection’
- Screen 4: Tick the games you would like to apply for and press ‘Save Changes’
Within 48 hours of registering 2 automated emails will be sent: the first to confirm your username and password, the second to confirm which games you have requested.
If you are a returning user, once you have entered your username and password, you will automatically be at stage 5. If you are unable to remember your log in details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not yet used the new system this season, you will notice that the appearance has slightly changed, however the process is the same. On first arrival back into the system, once you have entered your username and password, you will be required to update your existing details, including a new photo upload. After this you will automatically be at stage 5. If you are unable to remember your log in details please contact email@example.com
In the week leading up to each game you have applied for, you will receive an email confirming whether or not your application has been successful. Due to the high number of requests we are unable to determine numbers and allocate places until the system closes eight days prior to match day.
For all accreditation enquiries contact Charlotte Trusson, RFU Communications Administrator, on 0208 831 6563 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure you don’t miss out on the gala celebration of the best of British sports journalism by booking your ticket – or even a table – for the SJA British Sports Journalism Awards on Monday March 25 at the Grand Connaught Rooms in London’s Covent Garden.
The event begins at 6pm, with a champagne reception and opportunity to view an exhibition of many of the leading entries in the photography categories, prior to a three-course dinner followed by the presentation of the awards.
There are special ticket discounts available to paid-up SJA members. But hurry – tickets are already selling fast.
Click here for a booking form, or contact our event organisers, Start2Finish, on 020 8916 2492 or by email to email@example.com for more details.