Looking for a change of scenery and a new job? The opportunity for international travel? The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) is seeking the services of a â€œMedia Co-ordinatorâ€ to work under the direction of the ITTFâ€™s Executive Director and the ITTFâ€™s Media Committee Chairman.
The role of Media Co-ordinator will co-ordinate the media and press activities of the ITTF in close co-operation with the ITTF Media Committee. The ideal candidate is a young graduate from a journalism or communications programme, or a sport journalist with several years experience who could be promoted to the position of Media Manager, if successful, after two years with the ITTF.
– Implement tasks as prescribed by the ITTFâ€™s President, Executive Director and Media Committee Manager
– During ITTF events, work closely with the ITTFâ€™s Event Media Manager in servicing the international media in attendance
– Prepare and distribute ITTF press releases and announcements on a regular basis
– Update and refine the ITTFâ€™s media contacts database and maintain a close relationship with members of the sports media
– Prepare and distribute Media Press Kits for ITTF major events
– Assist the ITTFâ€™s Event Media Manager in preparing and servicing the Press centres at ITTF Major Events
– Organise and co-ordinate ITTF and Event Press Conferences as necessary
– Maintain and update all material necessary to provide the press with timely information
– Maintain an up-to-date ITTF media resource centre and photo archive
– Participate in the production of the ITTF official magazine and information to the press on the ITTF website
– Sports journalism experience for 3 years, or equivalent educational experience
– Experience with national or international sports events
– Command of the English language, written and spoken. French language is an asset
– The position is based in Renens/Lausanne, Switzerland, and requires regular international travel
The ITTF suggests that interested parties should apply, in strict confidence, by sending an application letter and curriculum vitae, stating the expected salary range. Applications must be received by April 15, 2007.
International Table Tennis Federation
Chemin de la Roche 11
Fax: + 41 21 340 7099