The Coventry Telegraph is looking for a Content Editor to help manage the delivery and editing of live content for online and print. This role will have a particular focus on sport but will also include news.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of journalists and delivering great content. You’ll work as part of a content desk team delivering packages to ensure the Coventry Telegraph has compelling, fresh and engaging content throughout the day in line with digital audience spikes.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following essential qualities:
- Outstanding editing, writing and subbing skills
- Excellent communication
- An exceptional news sense
- Good knowledge of sport
- Sound legal knowledge
- Brilliant organisational qualities
- Ability to motivate a team
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of social media
About The Company
Trinity Mirror PLC is one of the UK’s largest multimedia publishers, encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products. Digital growth is at the heart of Trinity Mirror’s strategy, with a goal of developing and sustaining strong positions across print and digital channels.
Closing date: Jan 9, 2015
- For previous job vacancies published on this site, click here
- The 2014 SJA British Sports Journalism Awards – entry fees cut, more categories and easier to enter
- Rory McIlroy, Jo Pavey and England women’s rugby win top honours at SJA British Sports Awards
- The SJA is the largest member organisation of sports media professionals in the world. Join us: Click here for more details
UPCOMING SJA EVENTS
Mon Mar 23: SJA British Sports Journalism Awards, sponsored by BT Sport, at the Grand Connaught Rooms. Entry forms now available here
Mon Sep 14: SJA Autumn Golf Day, Muswell Hill Golf Club