Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games are looking for a head of media, reporting to the chief marketing and communications office.
This is a key role that will manage the corporate reputation of the Organising Committee (OC) and the event itself.
The successful candidate will have:
- Substantive relevant experience in design and development of Public Relations communication strategies, plans and tools
- An excellent reputation with media, particularly locally and regionally and a good network of contacts both regionally and nationally
- Demonstrable experience in working in partnership with the marketing function on integrated campaigns
- Senior-level experience of working in a high-profile organisation as Head of Media or equivalent locally or regionally
- Significant experience in managing a high-performing team
- You will be creative and have a ‘can do’ attitude that enables you to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure, on multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- You must have a strong ambassadorial skills and political astuteness, particularly in the context of engaging both central and local government as well as local communities
Higher education qualifications in Media, PR or other relevant discipline
Closing date: 29 April 2019
For more details, download the job description.
Apply by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org