Mobile sports service: assistant editor
Based in London, the focus of the role with a major sports channel is to deliver up-to-the minute scores, fixtures and news straight to mobile phones via a central hub.
- Edit all English, German, Spanish, Italian and Russian language versions for the relevant news and information application
- Ensure big sporting events of the day are highlighted in specific features
- Manage third-party news feeds, republishing and reprioritising of stories.
The role works across a shift pattern of 7 days a week, between approximately 07:00 and 23:00.
Editorial experience via a digital news platform is required which will involve an understanding of digital publishing CMS.
You will also:
- Be familiar with mobile digital publishing
- Have an excellent knowledge of UK domestic and international sport
- Speak English plus one or more of the required foreign languages
- Possess the ability to write accurately and coherently under pressure.
Salary will be commensurate with your skills and experience.
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and you would like to apply for this role, please apply online attaching your CV in WORD format.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this appointment we will only respond if you fit the key criteria for it.
- For other recent sports journalism job news, click here
- JOIN THE SJA and benefit from a recognised press card, priority entry to key events and significant discounts and members offers on a range of activities
UPCOMING SJA EVENTS
Thu May 10: SJA Ladbrokes Lunch with former England cricket captain Alec Stewart. Click here for booking details.
No Comments »
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.