London24: online sports editor
Archant London is part of the UK’s largest independently owned regional media business with a strong portfolio of print and online brands reaching a weekly audience in excess of 1.5 million.
London24 is looking for a sports editor to run our busy sports desk, based mainly in Ilford. This is an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing digital team covering sport in one of the most vibrant, exciting cities in the world.
We are looking for someone to:
• Lead, manage and organise our sports team
• Co-ordinate with the whole of Archant London sport to ensure London24 is performing at its maximum
• Source and upload sport content on to the website
• Attend football, rugby and cricket matches and pre-match press conferences
• Come up with ideas to boost traffic and audience interaction
• Assist and improve our social media output
The successful candidate will have:
• Proven experience of sports writing for an online audience
• Experience of managing a team
• Excellent knowledge of sport, in particular football, cricket and rugby union
• Knowledge of SEO and how best to use social media to help a website grow
We are looking for someone with a passion for sport who will work with our highly motivated London24 team to help grow our online presence.
To join this successful team please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing date is Friday June 8 2012.
- For other recent sports journalism job news, click here
- JOIN THE SJA and benefit from a recognised press card, priority entry to key events and significant discounts and members offers on a range of activities
No Comments »
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.